We are proud to announce that U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders has officially endorsed Diana Gonzalez for State Representative.
“Diana Gonzalez is committed to the issues important to the people of Chittenden 6-7. She knows the state’s economy has left too many behind, and I’m confident she’ll continue to work hard in Montpelier to represent the middle class and working families of Vermont.” — U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.
Thank you, Sen. Sanders, for your endorsement. We will continue the fight for economic, social, environmental, and racial justice at a local level.
I am excited to announce that I am running for re-election for State Representative for Winooski/Burlington. I have been honored and humbled to represent Chittenden 6-7 and be part of passing some historic legislation; such as paid sick days, ban the box, and natural burial grounds. You can find Bills and Resolutions Sponsored by Rep. Gonzalez by clicking here.
I hope you can support my campaign for re-election for State Representative. With your help I can continue to fight for much needed policies.
As Senator Bernie Sanders mentioned, a successful political revolution requires an engaged public that is willing to work together to create a political and economic system that works for all of us. In this election cycle, the goal of my campaign is to significantly increase the voter turnout and have meaningful public discourse about policies that can improve the lives of middle-class and poor Americans.
If re-elected, I will continue to work to improve the lives of Vermonters and fight for progressive change. I am committed to:
- Addressing various working conditions, including wages and collective bargaining rights
- Providing property tax relief and quality education for all students
- Developing policies that minimize and address our changing climate
- Getting money out of politics
Now, as throughout our history, what Vermont does matters for our entire country. Please help us continue this meaningful work in the Vermont House of Representatives. With your support, we will be able to create a political revolution at a local level, one that will empower working families and the middle class of our community.
The next few months will be an amazing time of continuing to hear the important issues from as many people as possible and sharing my thoughts.
To sign up to volunteer click here.
To donate to the campaign online, click here. Or you can mail your contribution to the following address:
Gonzalez for State Representative
PO Box 214
Winooski, VT 05404
Some of the highlights of the 2016 legislative session so far:
- Earned sick days passed the House and Senate and will have a multi-year phase-in.
- Education, specifically Act 46, was modified to give schools more time to consolidate governance and reduce costs.
- Higher Education is getting some attention with a combined bill put together by the Futures caucus, of which I am a co-chair.
- Housing first time home buyer grants have been a success.
- Marijuana legalization continues to be a big topic in the Statehouse. The House will soon hold hearings on the Senate bill.
- Transportation now has a federal bill to work from and is putting together a large bill that may include updates to bicycle laws.
- Criminal reform has a few bills aimed at reducing the human and financial costs of incarceration while keeping our community safe.
- Health insurance is available for more Vermonters than every before. Health Connect technology still has glitches. One proposed solution is to copy Hawaii’s model.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I would like to extend an invitation to you. Winooski and Vermont have a deep tradition of political action, and many of us share a progressive vision of creating better futures while caring for the most vulnerable members of our society. But this movement, like all growth, must be nurtured. I invite you to join with me to tend to the future.
While I am profoundly proud of the place we live, I also see many challenges that we must face with collaboration and thoughtfulness. Winooski is the most diverse city in Vermont, with unique needs that are frequently omitted from conversations on the State level. One thing I love about living here is the dynamic blend of middle incomes and the working class, new Americans, young professionals, and families that have made Winooski their home for generations.
So please consider this your invitation to work together for a better city.
Here’s what I commit to do:
- Bring the voice of Winooski to the State House.
- Continue to develop education to meet the needs of all our children.
- Engage at the State level to address the current epidemic of drug use, and the poverty and crime that it is intertwined with.
I want to hear from you! If you have a moment please fill out this three question form and tell me what issues are important to you.