Diana is in her second term as a State Representative for Chittenden 6-7, Winooski and a part of Burlington. She serves on the Housing, General, and Military Affairs committee.
She has been a Vermont resident since 2002 and a Winooski resident since 2011. As an educational consultant she assists educators and non-profit leaders to increase their diversity competency, facilitation, and assessment skills. She is also a doctoral candidate in Education, Leadership, and Policy studies at the University of Vermont. Previously, she worked as a Health Educator at UVM and was a leader in the effort to unionize the unrepresented staff. As an educator, she has taught elementary, high school, undergraduate and graduate students.
2014-2015 term highlights:
- Passing paid sick days (H. 187)
- Passing “ban the box” (H. 261)
- Co-chairing new Futures caucus
- Introducing bills on gender equity (H. 708) & employment history protection (H. 801)
- Leading resolutions for LGBTQ equality (H.R. 8) & Black Lives Matter (H.C.R. 242)
- Preventing H.102 from passing and protecting the right for teachers to strike.
To find Bills and Resolutions Sponsored by Rep. Gonzalez, please click here.